[fpc-pascal] Constants in generics

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 9 07:59:36 CET 2018

Am Fr., 9. Nov. 2018, 03:44 hat Ryan Joseph <ryan at thealchemistguild.com>
geschrieben:

> > On Nov 9, 2018, at 4:28 AM, Florian Klämpfl <florian at freepascal.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > I like the idea of const in generics, but it needs serious cleanup when
> it's working:
> > - commit messages like "first commit" are useless
>
> Those are for github so I could share but I need to learn SVN (again)
> eventually.

You can also use git svn. At least I myself use that for my own work (I
think Florian does, too). Of course you need to set up syncing with your
GitHub Repo as well, but I haven't done that for a SVN Repo yet...

> > - do not commit meta files like .gitignore with a functional commit
> > - follow the indention style of the surrounding code
>
> Is the compiler 2 spaces for indent? There’s already enough inconsistency
> but I’m trying to figure it out.

Yes, two spaces. And "begin... end" is indented and its content is indented
again.

> > - the compiler contains already a type called tgenericdef
>
> I think I changed that name in the last commit. Btw I made all those types
> because I didn’t want to populate the main types like ttypesym with extra
> bytes but I don’t know what’s best practice in the codebase.

When something belongs in a main type then it belongs there. But as I
already wrote it should not be a ttypesym for constant generic parameters
anyway.

Regards,
Sven