[fpc-pascal] Constants in generics

Ryan Joseph ryan at thealchemistguild.com
Fri Nov 9 03:13:43 CET 2018

> On Nov 9, 2018, at 4:28 AM, Florian Klämpfl <florian at freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> I like the idea of const in generics, but it needs serious cleanup when it's working:
> - commit messages like "first commit" are useless

Those are for github so I could share but I need to learn SVN (again) eventually.

> - do not commit meta files like .gitignore with a functional commit
> - follow the indention style of the surrounding code

Is the compiler 2 spaces for indent? There’s already enough inconsistency but I’m trying to figure it out.

> - the compiler contains already a type called tgenericdef

I think I changed that name in the last commit. Btw I made all those types because I didn’t want to populate the main types like ttypesym with extra bytes but I don’t know what’s best practice in the codebase.

> - do not change the lazarus project files best practice is, to make a local copy for your own work (like ppcx64_ryan.lpi)

Good idea, thanks.

> - create tests: succeeding as well as failing one

ok.

> - do not use c style operators in the compiler, use inc/dec instead of += and -=

ok.

> - replace comments like // note: ryan by comments like: "check for const generic paramters”

those are temporary for my use. I’ll remove those of course.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph