[fpc-pascal] Realtime and freepascal???

Darius Blaszyk dhkblaszyk at gmail.com
Wed May 30 22:27:08 CEST 2018

Hi,

For a hard real-time project I am considering using freepascal. As this is
my first endeavour in real-time I would like to ask the community on their
experiences. Is FPC suitable for this kind of applications? If so what
commercially available boards are out there? I believe a beagle bone for
instance is capable of doing realtime applications because of the PRU. Any
other credit card size boards worthwhile investigating? What RTOS do people
have good experience with in combination with freepascal?

To get an idea of the scope of the project:

My project is planned to do data acquisition, either storing data to flash
memory or sending it over RF, not decided yet. Later on video should be
incorporated, also over RF. There are also multiple analogue controllers
planned to be implemented. Some "simple" bus system (such as CAN??) should
allow easy extension with modules (for data acquisition as well as for the
controllers). The response time should be in the order of 10ms ideally.

Hoping for some useful replies. Thanks in advance for all the tips and
pointers!

Rgds, Darius