[fpc-pascal] Managed record questions

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 9 17:19:02 CET 2018

fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

> Objects share roughly as much code with records as classes do as
internally classes and objects share most of their code.

I’ll be curious what Maciej says about management operators in objects
then. Classes don’t have the same operator syntax as records unfortunately
so that’s obviously a problem but come to think of it why are those even
“operators” anyways? “Initialize” isn’t an operator in the same category as
+, * etc… so I wonder why they can’t just be plain methods. Another
question Maciej I guess.

Because this way the user is aware that they are something special and are
not supposed to be called manually.

Regards,
Sven