[fpc-pascal] Is this the correct way to configure fpc for multiple arm-embedded subarchs?

Christo christo.crause at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 07:53:47 CEST 2018

On Sun, 2017-12-03 at 19:05 +0100, Florian Klämpfl wrote:
> Am 29.11.2017 um 06:36 schrieb Christo:
> >
> > On Sun, 2017-11-26 at 17:19 +0100, Michael Ring wrote:
> > >
> > > I am looking for an easy way to have all cortex-m compilers available
> > > at the same time to be able to do automated building/testing
> > There is a similar problem with the AVR target having several
> > subarchitectures.  One option I think is to have a subarch defined by
> > the compiler, then it would be easy to lay out the compiled unit
> > structure in fpc.cfg according to subarch.  I've made an attempt at
> > adding a subarch define to my local compiler source for AVR, but
> > haven't developed the idea further.  I'm not a compiler dev so there
> > may be better options.

> Subarch directories are imo the best solution, I have a half-backen patch for this, not yet
> finished
> though.

I'm trying to move Florian's changes in the target-subdir branch to trunk. I've updated
fpcmake.ini, but when I compile fpcmake and execute ./fpcmake -Tall -w Makefile.fpc the
regenerated MakeFile doesn't have any of the modifications in fpcmake.ini.

Any hints on how to compile and use fpcmake so that changes in the ini file ends up in the
generated MakeFile?