[fpc-pascal] AbstractError in 3.1.1

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 12 07:59:14 CEST 2017

Am 12.10.2017 04:34 schrieb "Ryan Joseph" <ryan at thealchemistguild.com>:

> I just built the ppcx64 trunk version 3.1.1 so I could try the memory
management operator overloads we talked about but I’m getting a compiler
error in my project that doesn’t make sense.

> On the last line of one unit (literally at end.) I get: error: identifier
idents no member “AbstractError”. What does this mean? There is just the
last line of the unit so presumably it occurred higher up but I don’t have
any other information to go on.

AbstractError() is the name of the function the compiler uses to replace
abstract methods with (so that they generate an exception when called).
Thus something very strange is going on with your installation :/

Regards,
Sven