[fpc-pascal] TBufDataset vs TClientDataset

LacaK lacak at zoznam.sk
Tue Oct 10 08:49:04 CEST 2017

> Also, what's the difference between TBufDataset and TMemDataset?
> Aren't they both in-memory datasets? If so, why do we have two
> different components for the same thing?

As Michael wrote TMemDataSet is older.

And I add that it is also much "lighter". So for somebody who does not
need "complexity" of TBufDataset there is IMO still space for TMemDataSet.
(IMO there is no need to emulate TMemDataSet by TBufDataSet ... there is
TBufDataset a long time and everybody who needs his functionality can
switch to TBufDataset without much effort)

There may be confusing with naming and purpose, but this can be easily
solved by adding 1-2 sentences to documentation ...
I added one sentence to: http://wiki.freepascal.org/TMemDataset

-Laco.