[fpc-pascal] Minimum Linux version for FPC 3.0.2 (armhf)

Tobias Giesen tobiasgiesen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 19:50:03 CET 2017

Hello,
I wonder what the minimum Linux version is ... I have made NAS versions of my app,
and it runs fine on an older Synology NAS with this uname info:
Linux DS-212j 2.6.32.12
armv5tel GNU/Linux synology_88f6281_212j

But it crashes with access violations, and EThread exceptions on this old QNAP Linux:
Linux QNAPTS109II 2.6.12.6-arm1
armv5tejl unknown

All newer QNAP versions running Linux 3.x are fine. But that firmware is not available
for the some of the really old boxes.

I admit that it's not important for me to support the old Linux, but I wonder what
causes it and if it can be fixed?

I suspect that TCriticalSection and threading causes it, but it is really hard to find out.
The AVs seem to be memory corruption related (allocating/freeing strings for example).

Cheers,
Tobias