[fpc-pascal] Size of program vs library ?

fredvs fiens at hotmail.com
Wed May 17 20:43:03 CEST 2017

Michael Van Canneyt wrote
> On Wed, 17 May 2017, fredvs wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> OK, I see that fpc team is afraid to change something that mom-Delphi did
>> not do.
>
> This is simply not correct and a *very* unfair statement on your part.
> Mails like this will really not get you anywhere.

Yes, I now. I know also that if you do not speak hot, people does not
listen.
By the way, I sent advices about size of fpc libraries more than 10 years
ago.
A lot of "work in progress" as answers but nothing change.

A other thing that I discover: it is extremely sensible to talk about
linkers.
In FreeBSD forum, I was insulted because I reveal that their linker (GNU ld)
was not compatible with FreeBSD multi-arch design.

But, IMHO, if fpc uses a external linker, it is also part of the compilation
process.
And each feature of the linker should be analyzed.

Michael Van Canneyt wrote
>  You didn't even file an official request in the bugtracker ?

Because I tried already and because I know the (rejected) answer.

Michael Van Canneyt wrote
> You didn't even test the resources thing. It means we will need to test
> this.
>    This takes time, and the issue is not considered very important, so
> this time
>    is indeed not spent right away.

Of course I tested it, why do you write this ?

Michael Van Canneyt wrote
> With this mail, you're simply behaving like a small girl that didn't get
> her
> ice cream right away...

Ha, so you do not know me.
If I do not get my ice cream, I am much more unbearable.

Fre;D

-----
Many thanks ;-)