[fpc-pascal] Size of program vs library ?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed May 17 14:13:00 CEST 2017

On Wed, 17 May 2017, fredvs wrote:

> Hello.
>
> OK, I see that fpc team is afraid to change something that mom-Delphi did
> not do.

This is simply not correct and a *very* unfair statement on your part.
Mails like this will really not get you anywhere.

1. You didn't even file an official request in the bugtracker ?

2. Where did we say we would not do this ? We're just careful, since the
effect is not known.

3. You didn't even test the resources thing. It means we will need to test this.
   This takes time, and the issue is not considered very important, so this time
   is indeed not spent right away.

4. Delphi doesn't use GNU ld, so this comparison is totally without basis.

With this mail, you're simply behaving like a small girl that didn't get her
ice cream right away...

Michael.