[fpc-pascal] WebAssembly Target

Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) charlie at scenergy.dfmk.hu
Fri Mar 17 13:58:45 CET 2017

Hi,

On Fri, 17 Mar 2017, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> In fact, there is an alternate approach, transpiling pascal to Javascript.
>
> It's much farther ahead than the webassembly target, already produces
> programs running in the browser and the first web-based components are
> already being developed using this approach.

I believe these will be complimentary solutions in the end, one will be
better for certain things than the other, with a lot of overlap, of
course. I think the transpiler might be better for developing unique
front-end solutions in Pascal for the web, the WebAssembly compiler might
be better to bring existing large chunks of code to run on the web, with
minimal modifications, and for performance critical things.

But only time will tell. :)

Charlie