[fpc-pascal] Implementing AggPas with PtcGraph

James Richters james at productionautomation.net
Mon Jun 5 00:30:42 CEST 2017

Thanks for figuring out how to make this work, I would have never figured it
out with the documentation I was able to find.

I'm out of town this week so I tried to download the sample program to my
laptop and discovered another issue.  While I can normally just compile my
programs on my laptop and run them,  I have noticed that I can't do this
with programs with aggpas in them. They compile successfully but when I try
to run them I get a "system error: The Program can't start because
MSVCR71.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to
fix this problem"  I suspect I get this because I have never actually
installed free Pascal or something that I happened to install on my
development pc on my laptop, I have always run freepascal it from a backup
made from my development machine.   I have not tried installing freepascal
on my lap top yet because I would like to figure out what I will need to do
on my target installations where freepascal will not be installed.

Any ideas on what causes this error and advice on how to install what is
needed on client (non-development) systems?

James