[fpc-pascal] Subclassing generic records?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 17 18:58:49 CEST 2017

Am 17.07.2017 18:24 schrieb "Ryan Joseph" <ryan at thealchemistguild.com>:

> I’m trying to find a way to extend generic records since (as far as I
know) there is no subclassing of records. I could use variant records here
but these don’t work with generics so I tried record helpers and properties
to basically rename the x/y variables in TVec2 but I get errors on the
width/height properties. Is there a workaround for this?

> type
>         generic TVec2<T> = record
>                 public
>                         x, y: T;
>         end;
> type
>         TSize = specialize TVec2<TFloat>;
> type
>         TVec2Size = record helper for TSize
>                 property Width: TFloat read x write x;
>                 property Height: TFloat read y write y;
>         end;

I'll need to check whether Delphi allows that for helpers (doesn't matter
whether the extended type is a specialization or not).

Regards,
Sven