[fpc-pascal] FPDoc - how to document overloaded functions?

Wed Jul 12 16:19:11 CEST 2017

On 2017-07-12 15:06, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> You can't. There are no provisions for this.
>
> I usually make the differences clear in the <descr> </descr> node.

Thanks Michael. I've been playing around with fpdoc and trying a few
things and then reviewing the results. Attached is the output I have
thus far for ovorloaded functions.

NOTE:
   In generates multiple "Arguments" sections, and they seem to appear
   in the same order as what they are in the "Declaration" section.
   I only documented each parameter once in the XML, and fpdoc
   duplicated it to match the Declaration section.

   It kind of works, but there is definitely place for improvement in
   the HTML output (layout of information).

ps #1:
   I haven't tried documenting function results yet, so not sure what
FPDOC is going to do with that in this output.

ps #2:
   Also not the "Errors" section. There I simply used the <p> tags to
document both possible error results. I couldn't see any other way of
doing it.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/