[fpc-pascal] Food for thought - language string improvement

Sun Jul 9 22:58:15 CEST 2017

On 2017-07-08 07:57, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> Since we are talking about language features, after learning Java I
> think we could use in Pascal:

I must say, after using Java more and more in recent months, it starts
to show why so many developers call Delphi/Object Pascal out of date. [I
never thought I would ever say that - I have a real soft spot for Object
Pascal]

The Java language has some awesome features and much less typing is
required - yet not as cryptic as C/C++. The Java IDEs (primarily Eclipse
and IntelliJ IDEA) also blow Lazarus and MSEide out of the water - but
then they have a ton more resources at their disposal). Either way,
those IDEs are a real pleasure to work with, and have so many programmer
friendly features.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/