[fpc-pascal] TProcess usage and reading program output

Tue Feb 28 21:25:53 CET 2017

On 2017-02-28 20:03, noreply at z505.com wrote:
> Did you end up resolving the issue?

Yes, see my "closing thoughts" reply to Michael. What he suggested fixed
the issue.

> I'd be interested in creating a build tool that not only compiles
> projects in FPC but also compiles with dcc32 (delphi compiler)..
>
> Is that something like what you are doing?

I'm converting a *very* complex (and massive) multi-project Makefile
system into a single "build binary". Configuration is controlled via
project.json files. eg: build dependencies, build lists (if a project
consists of more that one project), compiler parameters with macro
support (macros are global configurations that can be injected in
compiler parameters etc).

This is not a general tool, but a specific commercial solution. Saying
that, it should be possible building a general tool that does similar -
reading project.json files to feed the build system. But then again,
there are probably multiple such solutions around already (I think).

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/