[fpc-pascal] FPC attributes / annotations support

Marcos Douglas B. Santos md at delfire.net
Fri Dec 1 14:24:06 CET 2017

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 5:35 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<mailinglists at geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:
> On 2017-11-29 23:37, Marcos Douglas B. Santos wrote:
>
>> "No one are using Object Pascal nowadays".
>

> It seems there is still pretty good interest in Object Pascal in Brazil. We
> have a 21 year old that just got hired, and he studied Object Pascal in
> Brazil. I found such a "young age Object Pascal developer" rather
> surprising, because everybody else I've met that does Delphi/Object Pascal
> coding has been much older. The 90's generation that grew up. :)

Yes, there is still pretty good interest in Object Pascal in Brazil —
I have been
writing in a blog[1] for 2 years and it still growing — but it's not
like it used to be in
Delphi 5~7 many years ago.

>> I hear something like this two times per month.  :\
>
> We have a recruitment agent that sends any Object Pascal developer he finds
> to us - if we are actively looking or not. If they are skilled, we find a
> role for them - and that keeps our dev teams topped up.

Very good.

>> If we have a better marketing, maybe more programmers could have more
>> interest to use the language.
>
> Yeah, if the FPC Foundation could help with marketing the language and FPC
> (and Lazarus), that would be a great step in the right direction.

I agree.

Best regards,
Marcos Douglas

[1] https://goo.gl/ROmyBb