[fpc-pascal] fpc code for Java class and Android.

Paul Breneman Paul2006 at BrenemanLabs.com
Wed Apr 19 02:14:00 CEST 2017

On 04/18/2017 01:27 PM, Jon Foster wrote:
> On 04/18/2017 10:13 AM, Jon Foster wrote:

>>> Thanks Jon *very* much for the details that you shared!  I hope to get
>>> time to get back into this soon and I'm sure that your notes will help.
>>>
>>> The last problem that I had *three years* ago was that I failed to get
>>> the mouse to work in the text mode IDE (I did have a keyboard and mouse
>>> that worked in Android).  The mouse is not absolutely required for the
>>> simple programs I'd like to do.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Paul
>> The "mouse" will more than likely be unavailable. Most people don't
>> think "terminal" and "mouse". Still if you can find an Android
>> terminal app with "gpm" or xterm style mouse support it could work.
>> I've never used a "text mode" mouse in Linux. I can't think of any
>> terminal based programs I use that offer mouse support. :-) And then
>> you could always download an OpenSource terminal app and hack it to
>> provide that support. The "xterm" man page documents its mouse
>> protocol, which is probably the defacto standard.
>>
>> THX - Jon
>>
> I should also mention that PascalGUI is probably the most mature
> FPC+term+editor app that I know of. Its been a while but it seems
> they've added some nice touches. I had been using "Pascal Develop" since
> I could download the source and alter its compile target. But it doesn't
> provide proper terminal emulation and came packaged with FPC 2.6 pre v3
> beta, which was good at the time since 3 hadn't been out yet. :-D I
> patched and added many FPC units to his original set, which I think he
> released.

I'm pretty sure that the Turbo Pascal text mode IDE offered mouse
support (under MS-DOS), and also the Free Pascal IDE (which you can try
under Linux).

Thanks again Jon for your notes.  I've know about PascalGUI for a while
and have a little doc about it near the bottom of this page:
   http://turbocontrol.com/helloworld.htm