[fpc-pascal] Freevision etc.

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Apr 14 19:59:22 CEST 2017

On 13/04/17 10:00, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> My first problem is that there's a name clash between the Freevision and
> LCL variants of some units. I appear to be able to use something like
> uses Objects,   Views in
> '/usr/local/lib/fpc/3.0.2/units/arm-linux/fv/views',   Dialogs in
> '/usr/local/lib/fpc/3.0.2/units/arm-linux/fv/dialogs';
> but is it possible to do something like setting up an alias for that
> directory name which will track versions etc.? I'd prefer to not assume
> that there's any predictable relative positioning of the source and unit
> directories.

I've got something working after a fashion, but had to make a local copy
of FreeVision with some changed unit names to avoid clashes with stuff
from the LCL. I'd appreciate any insights on how to do the job properly.

> My second problem is that the Pascal file generated by the dialogue
> editor gives me something like
> { TBDTestBlockDeviceDialogue }
> type    PTBDTestBlockDeviceDialogue = ^TTBDTestBlockDeviceDialogue;
> TTBDTestBlockDeviceDialogue = object(TTestBlockDeviceDialogue)
> constructor Init;    end;
> and it's unclear where the TTestBlockDeviceDialogue type is defined.

I'm pretty sure that's a bug in the dialog editor.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk