[fpc-pascal] Freevision etc.

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Apr 13 11:44:04 CEST 2017

I've not used Freevision/Turbovision before, but am experimenting with
James Clarke's DialEdit as an experiment to see whether I can create a
fallback user interface for use if an interactive program is running in
a shell session. The Lazarus side of things isn't a problem, I know from
the past how to break out before the GUI is initialised and so on.

My first problem is that there's a name clash between the Freevision and
LCL variants of some units. I appear to be able to use something like

uses Objects,
   Views in '/usr/local/lib/fpc/3.0.2/units/arm-linux/fv/views',
   Dialogs in '/usr/local/lib/fpc/3.0.2/units/arm-linux/fv/dialogs';

but is it possible to do something like setting up an alias for that
directory name which will track versions etc.? I'd prefer to not assume
that there's any predictable relative positioning of the source and unit
directories.

My second problem is that the Pascal file generated by the dialogue
editor gives me something like

{ TBDTestBlockDeviceDialogue }

type
	PTBDTestBlockDeviceDialogue = ^TTBDTestBlockDeviceDialogue;
	TTBDTestBlockDeviceDialogue = object(TTestBlockDeviceDialogue)
		constructor Init;
	end;

and it's unclear where the TTestBlockDeviceDialogue type is defined. I'm
sitting down to work through the documentation again.

I'm sure I'll have more problems later :-)

If I can get this working I'm hoping to make the source available as a
demonstrator somewhere, so I'd very much appreciate suggestions which
would make this happen.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk