[fpc-pascal] SpVoice.GetVoices returned exception class EOleSysError

fredvs fiens at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 12 18:13:27 CEST 2017

> I suppose if you just call the Exe and do piping this is not a violation of
the GPL according to Richard Stallman

Yes, it is what answered the author when I asked it by email.
About using the library directly (with loadlib(espeak.so) or statically) he
answered that ... the license is clear, you have then to give your code...

> Would still prefer if espeak was LGPL so there is no concern.

Huh, I ask him if he had plan to re-licence into LGPL but, no answers yet...

By the way I have tested intensively the 2 options:
1) Use of espeak executable + parameters with a TProcess
2) Use espeak library via loadlib.

Sincerely both work perfectly, no one is faster than the other.
And the few more exported methods does not give lot of plus vs the
executable + parameters.

Fre;D
.

-----