[fpc-pascal] SpVoice.GetVoices returned exception class EOleSysError

Lukasz Sokol el.es.cr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 15:26:42 CEST 2017

On 12/04/17 13:37, noreply at z505.com wrote:
> On 2017-04-12 07:01, fredvs wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> There is also a free-open-source project : espeak :
>> http://espeak.sourceforge.net
>>
>> The licence is GNU General Public License so you may use the
>> executable like you want.
>
> The GPL is a restrictive license, so you may not use it like you
> want..

Don't want to sound like a GPL zealot, b/c I'm not...

but this (and below) is mostly 'depends' : on how you want the
software model to work, how do you value feedback, and how do you
care of people taking advantage of your code in various ways,
without you knowing it.

There, that's about as neutral as I dare to name it ;)

(I also tend to trust GPL/LGPL/MPL released programs more than I'd do
 with anything 'less restrictive' - from end user perspective)

> LGPL would be more close to "like you want" but not really ;-)
>
> As you know, mit/bsd is really "like you want" license ;-)
>
> So espeak really is a gpl 2/3 and not LGPL? They are limiting their
> audience a lot...

-L.