[fpc-pascal] Underscores in numerical literals - grouping

Mon Nov 21 18:26:55 CET 2016

On 2016-11-21 15:52, Stephen Chrzanowski wrote:
> but I've always preferred mono-spaced fonts in my IDE versus
> variable width, JUST on the primary basis of legibility of the code itself,
> ignoring the 'gravy' of lining up text within the code.

Hence I mentioned "think Elastic Tabstops" which solves that problem for
proportional and monospace fonts. I've used Elastic Tabstop support in
jEdit (java based editor) for the last 3 years, and it works brilliantly.

Here is a fpGUI newsgroup post (printed to PDF), where I implemented
basic Elastic Tabstops (ET) support in a homegrown text editor with the
ability to play around with ET user-defined parameters. Also see the
screenshots at the end where the last two uses proportional fonts.

  http://geldenhuys.co.uk/~graemeg/temp/elastic_tabstops_demo_landscape.pdf

Elastic Tabstops homepage:
   http://nickgravgaard.com/elastic-tabstops/

A nice overview of ET:
  http://tibleiz.net/code-browser/elastic-tabstops.html

Anyway, I didn't mean to make this message thread about ET, but I guess
using something like ET (more intelligent editors) could solve the
problem nicely without any compiler changes.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/