[fpc-pascal] Implicit conversion problem with TDate type

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Wed Nov 2 13:35:35 CET 2016

On 02/11/16 12:53, Tony Whyman wrote:
> There was a certain amount of sarcasm in my comment that perhaps got
> lost in translation. I suggested introducing a "delphi with bugs" mode
> to illustrate the absurdity of the idea. My point is that why should FPC
> still feel constrained by Delphi? Let's get on and fix the bugs/features
> that Delphi should have fixed long ago.

Please read my reply again. I was not talking about the downsides of a
hypothetical "delphi with bugs" mode. I was talking about the downsides
of changing the FPC/ObjFPC modes. I explained what the downsides would
be of doing so, even if the collective "us" would have the ability to
know in advance all of these changes' unintended consequences.

Jonas