[fpc-pascal] {$H+} meaning with compiler {$mode DELPHIUNICODE}

Mon May 9 13:30:34 CEST 2016

On 2016-05-09 11:42, Jonas Maebe wrote:

> Lots, such as unicodestring versions of all standard classes.

OK, thanks. So FPC 3.0.0 is really just an interim / preview Unicode FPC
(think KDE 4.0 release situation).

The other problem being? How can we contribute to bringing the Unicode
Enabled RTL up to par with Delphi, when the FPC team can't decide on
what the RTL must be or look like? When can we expect a decision from
the dev team?

> http://wiki.freepascal.org/FPC_New_Features_3.0#New_delphiunicode_syntax_mode

Thanks for that.

> The wiki pages are created when new features are implemented. Ideally,
> the official documentation will pick up all necessary information before
> the next release, but that obviously does not always happen.

I'm sure Michael will not be happy about having to dig through the wiki
for potential documentation updates. Plus the fact that, how much can
you trust the wiki information, because anybody of any skill level can
edit it.

> Additionally, the wiki pages can be easily updated in real time after a
> release when errors/omissions are seen

Don't you have commit access to fpc_docs? ;-)

, while the official documentation
> will only be regenerated when the next release is made.

True, but this could easily be automated to generate interim PDF's once
a week or once a month. Cron job -> svn up -> make -> rsync with webserver.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/