[fpc-pascal] TPersistent overhead

Ryan Joseph ryan at thealchemistguild.com
Sat Mar 26 05:45:43 CET 2016

What are all the performance costs associated with subclassing TPersistent for RTTI information? I want to use this in some classes but unfortunately the way my code is written I need to basically make all my classes descend from TPersistent, even classes that don’t need RTTI information.

I noticed in my project there is an extra .6 seconds of compile time when I make the changes but are there any other performance costs to consider during runt time or otherwise? I could deal with .6 seconds at compile even though 95% of that is waste but runtime is another story.

Thanks.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph