[fpc-pascal] Is the TFPGMap.KeyData()/TDictionary.TryGetValue() faster than TStringList.Values[]?

silvioprog silvioprog at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 01:22:33 CET 2016

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 8:13 PM, silvioprog <silvioprog at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 4:43 AM, Michael Van Canneyt <
> michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

 [...]

> You can include them in your tests to get a more complete picture.
>

> I'm going to do it and get back soon showing the results ... :-)

 [...]

Done.

It seems that the best options (to fix my problem) are:

FPC: `Contnrs.TFPStringHashTable` (http://pastebin.com/s9pjK7TX).
Delphi: `System.Generics.Collections.TDictionary` (
http://pastebin.com/AE2V6HZJ).

Both tests uses about 100k iterations. (my project uses about ~2k)

Thanks for indicate it! :-)

--
Silvio Clécio