[fpc-pascal] Objects, open arrays and memory leaks

Santiago A. svaa at ciberpiula.net
Thu Jan 14 13:10:15 CET 2016

Hello:

I'm using Free Pascal Compiler version 3.0.0 [2015/11/16] for i386

I'm getting memory leaks (on winXP and Linux) . I have tracked to this.

(Note: they are objects, not classes)

type

TArray=object
  InnerList:array of integer;
  constructor Init;
end;

constructor TArray.Init;
begin
 SetLength(InnerList,10);
end;

procedure test;
var
  obj:TArray;
begin
  obj.init;
  obj.init;
end;

When I call twice the constructor "init" there is a memory leak. The
open array of first init is not freed;
init just sets the length of an open array to 10. I mean, no pointer or
object created.
I know open array are implemented pointers but I supposed that runtime
would take care of it, so I was using the constructor to clear object
and start from scratch.

What I am missing?

--
Saludos