[fpc-pascal] No official FPC 3.0 installer for Solaris

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Jan 4 12:22:52 CET 2016

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> As the subject line says. I just had a look on SourceForge, and the last
> Solaris/OpenSolaris/Illumos FPC release is 2.6.4.
>
>   http://sourceforge.net/projects/freepascal/files/Solaris/
>
> Any plans to make an official 3.0 release, or is Solaris (and
> derivatives) now unsupported platforms?

I know this isn't directly helpful, but when I tested Lazarus on SPARC
OpenSXCE I started off with the 2.x installer... which I don't
immediately see available any more. Is there anything I can do to help
build this, or is there a generic installation script that can be used?

Graeme, what's the situation with Solaris on i386 and x64? I've seen
comment that as supplied by Sun it selects either a 32-bit or a 64-bit
kernel etc. depending on the hardware, but I notice that OpenSXCE (n
Illumos derivative) has separate DVD images. Is FPC 32- or 64-bit on
this platform, or are there two variants?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk