[fpc-pascal] Happy tickets benchmark

Vojtěch Čihák vojtech.cihak at atlas.cz
Sun Feb 14 15:01:25 CET 2016

Does FPC generate different code for Intel (like Core i7) and AMD (like Phenom or so) when taget architecture is set to x86_64, i.e. are there any CPU manufacturer specific optimizations ?

Thanks for reply,

V.

Am 14.02.2016 um 12:47 schrieb Giuliano Colla:
> Il 14/02/2016 11:12, Graeme Geldenhuys ha scritto:
>> But then, I think such non-realword tests don't prove much.
>
> Except that the implementation of inc(something) should be given a look,
> as it's always been sold as faster than something:=something+1

 So for a all-purpose compiler this
makes little sense. If your application really depends on this, rewrite
the hotspots in C and use the icc to compile it. It knows about these
detais.

fpc-pascal maillist  -  fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org