[fpc-pascal] IfThen() intrinsic removed

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 23:02:20 CET 2016

On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 7:33 PM, Michael Van Canneyt
<michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
> b) a ? b : c
> From the people that responded in the core discussion, the majority was for
> the a ? b : c syntax, or not adding at all (not all replied).

You mean like literally using "?" and ":" ?

> If someone feels like submitting a patch that implements a ? b : c, it may
> well be taken under advisement. I heard no-one speaking out clearly against
> the actual functionality (well, maybe one) or the a ? b : c form.

aha, I see, Sven's message wasn't clear about it, it sounded like core
is completely against any implementation.

While actually simply no-one is working on the desired solution, which
are 2 very different things.

> "if then" is a statement. This is a clear and unambiguous rule.

The idea was "inline if" not "if"

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho