[fpc-pascal] meta data of files

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Dec 15 09:39:58 CET 2016

On 15/12/16 07:00, Lars wrote:

>> This is about reading the comment of zip files, the author and
>> description of word processor files (open document format) and so on.

> Is meta data in files some standard, so that the meta data in an mp3 file
> is similar to a word process file? I have a hunch this is not going to
> help you.. as it's completely different....

Zip format is used for Open/Libre Office files, compiled Java classes
and so on, and goes back a long way (mid 80s).

I'm sure that libraries exist for handling newer formats like MP3.
However wrapping all possible container/dataset formats in a standard
framework would be difficult, since there's going to be little
commonality of what metadata is available for each.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk