[fpc-pascal] Are the TEncoding singletons thread-safe?

silvioprog silvioprog at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 17:06:28 CEST 2016

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 11:07 AM, Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be>
wrote:

> On 11/08/16 15:38, silvioprog wrote:
>
>> No, I didn't. Sorry if I made some misunderstood, I look at Delphi
>> source just for check why it doesn't raise memory leak, I'm fully
>> against piracy! I look at other sources from another languages too, like
>> DotGNU Encoding, but just for analysis. The proposed possible patch is
>> 100% genuine FPC implementation, and unlike Delphi, I've used a plain
>> critical section for cross platform purposes.
>>

> How do you know that Delphi doesn't use a critical section if you did not
> look at its source code?

Now I understand what you meant. When you asked me if I looked at Delphi's
code I thought you were suggesting that I had written the patch based on it
to make a kind of copy, if so, I haven't. But if the question is about
looking at Delphi code, yes, I do, I bought a professional Delphi copy and
its license allows me to see any unit that they've sent me. Finally, I can
analyse any code of any tool if its license allows me, can't I?

Well, to avoid more confusion I'll not send more patches to solve this
problem and I'm going to close my issue.

Thank you!

--
Silvio Clécio