[fpc-pascal] Free Pascal and Lazarus Nightly Builds

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 19:54:47 CET 2015

Okay, here is what was happening and I apologize for the confusion.

Before the source files are updated each night, my script applies
"changes.diff" the uploads the sources to an amazon s3 bucket (I pay for
the bandwidth and avoid leaching from other peoples servers). Next the
Linux install script downloads this file archive from an my amazon bucket,
extracts it, and attempts to run "patch changes.diff". The problem being
that the patch was already been applied the night before and as a
consequence it fails. The install should still work same as normal, but the
patch wouldn't have done anything.

The fix, which has already been applied to the Linux setup script, is to
not run patch on the extracted archive. You can validate this by re-running:

curl -L http://www.getlazarus.org/download/?platform=linux -o setup.sh

And examining the commented out patch command at line:

https://github.com/sysrpl/Codebot.Setup/blob/master/linux/install.fpc-3.0.linux.sh#L251

I believe this fixes the problem. Let me know if you have any further
questions.