[fpc-pascal] Free Pascal and Lazarus Nightly Builds

vfclists . vfclists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 03:18:24 CET 2015

On 3 March 2015 at 17:47, Anthony Walter <sysrpl at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a public notice. Get Lazarus has switched from hosting arbitrary
> revisions to hosting setup programs from nightly builds.
>
> http://www.getlazarus.org/setup/
>
> Going forward each night the current svn trunk sources of FPC and Lazarus
> will be updated and converted into a Windows installer, Linux, and
> Macintosh  archives. The installer, setup scripts, application shortcuts,
> and website have now prominently inform users that they have installed or
> might be installing nightly build versions of FPC and Lazarus.
>
> As before any changes get Lazarus makes are hosted in a diff file
> distributed with each install. This information is also mirrored on github.

Is there changes.diff kept up to date, regularly?

On the Linux version the patch has failed for me a number of times, so I
had to get the source directly from a local Git mirror. Including the
option to get the source from a local Git mirror will save a lot of
bandwidth. If the boot strapping FPC is not changed, then it may be better
to test for its presence and skip the download and extraction as well.
There is no sign that it ever gets changed by the script once it is
downloaded
--
Frank Church