[fpc-pascal] FPC linking syntax error

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Sun Jun 21 15:37:47 CEST 2015

patspiper wrote:
> On 21/06/15 14:58, Marco van de Voort wrote:
>> In our previous episode, patspiper said:
>>> Compiling the following simple program (from fpc prog manual
>>> http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/prog/progsu46.html#x53-520001.2.46)
>>> yields a linking syntax error:
>>> Is this a bug?
>> Not of a general kind, since it works on most Linux distros. E.g. it
>> works
>> fine on my debian jessie 64-bit.
>>
>> So it must be something particular to your Linux installation or
>> distribution. So best is to tell something about that installation.
>
> Ubuntu 11.04 32bit
> fpc 3.0.1 and 3.1.1 (not sure which rev but max 2 weeks old)
> ld version: GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.21.0.20110327

Can you try with a different linker version? I've previously had
problems with ld 2.21 on SPARC Solaris which apparently is acknowledged
as a bad build, I was able to work round them to some extent by giving
fpc an option like -k-T/some_path_here/ldscripts/elf32_sparc.x

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk