[fpc-pascal] Basic Sockets in FreePascal

Coyo coyo at darkdna.net
Sun Jul 26 16:49:44 CEST 2015

I have read on the wiki and documentation that FreePascal does not have any native support for socket handling, and that you need an external third party library to have any support for it.

I want to write an IRC bot in FreePascal, but I need the ability to both make outgoing connections to IRC servers or other bots of the same kind, as well as accept incoming connections from other bots.

I'd prefer as straightforward TCP sockets support as I can get. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time and patience.