[fpc-pascal] Interface syntax: Is possible don't use specialize in mode objfpc?

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Thu Jul 16 17:53:54 CEST 2015

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 12:23 PM, Sven Barth
<pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am 16.07.2015 16:34 schrieb "Maciej Izak" <hnb.code at gmail.com>:
>>
>> sadly - no, only in Delphi mode. btw. this thing keep me away from objfpc.
>>

> Then let me tell you that generic methods will arrive in mode ObjFPC (and
> thus its syntax) first, because the Delphi syntax is a PITA to parse/handle.
> (in fact generic methods are already working in mode ObjFPC in my local
> repo, I just want to get the Delphi ones working a little bit before
> commiting to trunk)

I didn't understand. This already works... or you talking about "work
with the same syntax than Delphi in mode objfpc"?

I will repeat also the last paragraph of the first message:
I would like to know why exists this difference, what the advantages
for mode objfpc using this syntax.

Regards,

Marcos Douglas