[fpc-pascal] ideU version 1.0.0.

Paul Breneman Paul2006 at BrenemanLabs.com
Sat Dec 26 12:22:38 CET 2015

On 12/26/2015 02:08 AM, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> On Thursday 24 December 2015 16:58:16 Paul Breneman wrote:
>> On 12/24/2015 11:06 AM, Martin Schreiber wrote:
>>>
>>> Maybe you should list the original too? ;-)
>>>
>>> Martin
>>
>> Yes I should, but the original is not as simple for a beginner to
>> install.
>
> ???
> Frome MSEide README.TXT:
> "
> 1. Download and install FPC 3.0.0, you can get it from
>     http://www.freepascal.org/download.var
> 2. Download mseide_msegui_src_4_0.zip and the mseide_* archive
>     for your system.
>     http://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/files/mseide-msegui/4.0/
> 3. Extract them to a directory of your choice ('yourdirectory') .
> 4. Run 'yourdirectory/bin/mseide' on linux and freebsed or
>     'yourdirectory\bin\mseide.exe' on windows.
> 5. In 'Settings'-'Configure MSEide'-'${MSEDIR}' select 'yourdirectory/msegui'.
> 6. In 'Project'-'Open' select 'yourdirectory/msegui/apps/demo/demo.prj'.
> 7. 'Target'-'Continue'.
> "
> where 6. and 7. already are steps to compile and run the demo application. Is
> this really too difficult for people who like to develop software? ;-)

"Is this really too difficult for people who like to develop software?"

Of course it isn't!  But that is *not* where my tutorial tries to start
out.  http://www.controlpascal.com/tutorial.htm

I need to think about this more and maybe put together a wiki page that
summarizes how to *introduce* various people to computers, electronics
(optional), programming, and Pascal programming.  Maybe this is "ground
zero":
   https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Introduction_to_Computers

But if you've already had a C++ programming course in college, or if
you've already used an Arduino or a Raspberry Pi, then of course that
changes things.  Maybe you're already an embedded programmer that needs
a fast starting point ('runs on my system, so let's continue) and
motivating feedback:
   http://wiki.freepascal.org/FPC_Embedded_Nutshell

There are lots of different people with lots of different needs, and I
hope we can find ways to introduce more of them to Free Pascal.  Thanks
for all of your effort!  :)