[fpc-pascal] Linking error with unit initc on arm

Martin Schreiber mse00000 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 14:03:45 CEST 2015

On Friday 21 August 2015 12:56:36 Jonas Maebe wrote:
> On 21/08/15 12:47, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> > The missing "_fini" and "_init" symbols from rtl/linux/arm/cprt0.as which
> > cause the linking error are defined in one of the crt*.o files?
>
> Yes.
>
> > The linker
> > does not try to load crt*.o files:
>
> That's because the compiler warned that it could not find those files,
> so it didn't tell the linker to link against them either. You need the
> armhf sysroot for that and tell the compiler where to find it. And in
> addition to /usr, it's best to copy also /lib

I got linking working without xlib in uses by copying the necessary *.o's, but
now the application crashes when remote gdb tries to set a breakpoint...

> > Interesting is that adding "xlib" to uses is enough to build working
> > eabihf applications by cross compiling to Raspberry Py.
>
> I don't know why that would be the case.

I can cross compile and remote debug MSEgui applications with the mentioned
setup without problems. Console applications work too if xlib is in uses. A
miracle! :-)

Martin