[fpc-pascal] Linking error with unit initc on arm

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Fri Aug 21 12:56:36 CEST 2015

On 21/08/15 12:47, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> The missing "_fini" and "_init" symbols from rtl/linux/arm/cprt0.as which
> cause the linking error are defined in one of the crt*.o files?

Yes.

> The linker
> does not try to load crt*.o files:

That's because the compiler warned that it could not find those files,
so it didn't tell the linker to link against them either. You need the
armhf sysroot for that and tell the compiler where to find it. And in
addition to /usr, it's best to copy also /lib

> Interesting is that adding "xlib" to uses is enough to build working eabihf
> applications by cross compiling to Raspberry Py.

I don't know why that would be the case.

Jonas