[fpc-pascal] Issue with Linking

Chris Moody inquiry at greensnakedesign.com
Wed Aug 19 22:12:11 CEST 2015

On 08/19/2015 01:08 PM, Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 19 Aug 2015, Chris Moody wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure how to fix this. If anyone can assist, it would be greatly
>> appreciated.
> You link against the libc (because of the nature of the source you're
> compiling) but C development files are not installed on your system.
>
> You should probably:
> apt-get install libc-dev
>
> at least, but I usually just install the Debian/Raspbian/Ubuntu
> "build-essential" package, which installs a ton of other libs and useful
> development tools. (Warning: this might take some space, so only do this
> if you have a large-enough storage device on your RPi.)
>
> Charlie

Hi Charlie, thanks for the quick reply.

It seems I have both already:

pi at raspberrypi ~ $ sudo apt-get install build-essential
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
build-essential is already the newest version.
pi at raspberrypi ~ $ sudo apt-get install libc-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'libc6-dev' instead of 'libc-dev'
libc6-dev is already the newest version.

Any other ideas?

Chris