[fpc-pascal] with statement using mulltiple objects

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Sep 15 11:40:45 CEST 2014

Bernd Oppolzer wrote:

> PL/1 was designed in the mid 60s, and Wirth of course knew about PL/1,
> because he was at IBM at the time, and of course he was aware of the
> problems and pitfalls of PL/1.

I didn't know that Wirth had been directly associated with IBM. I did
know that while at Stanford he'd supervised Larry Breed who was writing
the first fairly-complete computerised APL implementation, but my
recollection is that they used FORTRAN since it was the only language
that ran on the various computers that the involved parties had available.

http://infolab.stanford.edu/TR/CS-TR-66-47.html

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk