[fpc-pascal] with statement using mulltiple objects

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sun Sep 14 16:34:06 CEST 2014

In our previous episode, Ched said:
> So, they with statement has at least one aficionados: me. Was the with statement present if the first
> versions designed by Wirth himself ?

Yes, but the problems are mostly because of the scoping complexity that OO
extensions like classes add. Specially because it is almost custom to use a
lot of the same named properties in classes.

Something that Wirth couldn't (and didn't have to) forsee.

In the past I had the same opinion about with (WITHs evilness is
exaggerated) as many others, but once I bumped my head a few times while
using OO frameworks that were either not of my design or very large, I
basically stopped using it.