[fpc-pascal] [OT] Is "reference to procedure" implemented in trunk?

silvioprog silvioprog at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 22:23:06 CEST 2014

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 6:01 PM, Joost van der Sluis <joost at cnoc.nl> wrote:

> On 10/20/2014 08:35 PM, silvioprog wrote:
>
>> Can I use something like this using FPC from trunk?:
>>
>> http://www.drbob42.com/examines/examinA5.htm
>>

> Why don't you just try it yourself?

Unfortunatelly in the moment I have no a FPC from trunk, I will install it
as soon as possible.

> And there are quite some techniques in that article. which one do you
> mean? Maybe if you take some more time to formulate your real question?

The doubt shown in the title: "Is "reference to procedure" implemented in
trunk?". Eg:

TProc = *reference to* procedure(x: Integer);

procedure call(const proc: TProc);
begin
  proc(42);
end;

var
  proc: TProc;
begin
  proc := procedure(a: Integer)
  begin
    Button1.Caption := IntToStr(a)
  end;
  call(proc)
end;

The article mentions anonymous functions, which are not supported ...

Thanks, it answers my question! ;)

For a moment I thought something like this was implemented, then I would
test it.

> ... but are also useless.

OK, thanks again!

--