[fpc-pascal] Use of TSQLite.Query method (sqlite3db unit)

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Fri Nov 7 11:39:27 CET 2014

On 11/07/2014 11:16 AM, Maurizio Tomasi wrote:
> On Fri Nov 7 09:58, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
>> FYI: http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/SQLite
>> covers dataset-based sqlite support.

> The point is that Lazarus is a no-option for me: all the programs I have
> developed in the last months are designed to be run on superclusters
> (using my own hand-made bindings to MPI). My workflow is: connect to the
> cluster front-end using SSH+GNU Screen, edit using Vi, compile, submit
> the job. I find hard to use Lazarus in such a context.

Well, even in that case using Lazarus is possible. But what I do when I
only have console-access is using the 'old-style'-Freepascal IDE. (fp)
That's somewhat easier then vi when you are working on Pascal-files.

But you don't need Lazarus for SQLDB or the TSQLite3Dataset. The
tutorials are mainly for new users who most often do use Lazarus, though.

In your case I would use the TSQLite3Dataset. SQLDB is overkill for most
Sqlite-usage. And you can have a look at the fpc-sources for an example.
You can find a nice example in packages/fcl-db/src/sqlite/testds.pas.
(http://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/trunk/packages/fcl-db/src/sqlite/testds.pas?view=markup)

Joost