[fpc-pascal] Use of TSQLite.Query method (sqlite3db unit)

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 11:37:19 CET 2014

On 07/11/2014 11:16, Maurizio Tomasi wrote:
> 3. Using the TSQLite3Dataset, which however seems to be restricted to
> Lazarus (at least, this is what I deduce from the tutorial:
> http://sqlite4fpc.yolasite.com/dataset-tutorial-1.php).
I suppose it doesn't. The tutorial just uses Lazarus. However, I have no
experience with TSQLite3Dataset.

> 4. Using TSQLite3Connection, which is part of the SQLDB framework. This
> too seems to require Lazarus.
No it doesn't - what makes you think that? (So I can if needed update
the relevant wiki page/sentence)
You can e.g. adapt the minimal FPC demo code from here:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Database_bug_reporting#FreePascal

The advantage of this approach is that switching to another db engine
such as PostgreSQL or Firebird is fairly simple (you'd still need to
rewrite db dependent SQL of course).

> I am thinking of stopping using TSQLite and switching to the low-level
> "sqlite3" unit: at least, there is plenty of documentation around for
> the SQLite3 C API.
Could be an option. The sqldb code is documented as well in the FPC docs.

Reinier (not Reiner ;) )