[fpc-pascal] Drawing window out line

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Thu May 22 09:55:16 CEST 2014

mokashe.ram wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> Could Any One help Me  to  writing Horizontal and vertical line to message
> window in Free Pascal as i MEM and MEMW function not supported in free
> pascal.
>
> note : we can not use Video and CRT Unit both in single unit. i want to use
> CRT unit only.
>
> below is the my sample code

>           MEM[$B800:offset]:=top_left_corner[style];

I thought it had already been explained to you that you cannot use MEM[]
etc. on current operating systems, therefore that is not your "sample
code": it's stuff that you're asking other people to translate for you.

If you want help on this then post a minimal program that compiles but
exhibits the problem, i.e. ten lines or so that initialises the video
stuff, tries to write to it (exhibiting the error) and tidies up.

What's going on here? All of a sudden two people start asking very
similar questions about MEM[], MEMW[] and so on. If this is classwork
it's probably safe to assume that your instructor is reading this
mailing list with interest, perhaps he'd like to fill in what operating
system etc. your code's supposed to run on since you've not told us >:-)

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk