[fpc-pascal] Annual Inform

Rafael Angel Campos Vargas rofoelcompos at hotmail.com
Fri May 16 23:41:31 CEST 2014

Annual Inform:

To FreePascal project:

Sorry, I don’t speak English.

Thanks a lot for your compiler.

I’m programming LibreN3D for animations in FreeDOS-POVRay.  My project advances very slowly.  I’m convinced is useful and very possible.  In this link http://www.filefactory.com/file/4zko0fsusvh9/FreeRay_2013%20y%20CAFE2011.zip you can see FreeRay2013.  This package contains twenty 3D LGPL objects with HTML documentation.  Eighteen of them are FreeDOS compatibles.  In this package you also encounters older objects.

Your project helps me a lot.  Sorry, I don’t have competitive 3D free games, only commercial ones for now.  “Bloques Iniciales”, “Origamis Iniciales” have 32bit versions for Windows, MAC and FreeDOS.  I’m very interested in Linux, but I have a lot of problems with graphics in SDL, and pure FreePascal.  Text mode is O.K.  I’m planning future games for Linux also.

I really think a process unit for DOS is very useful for me.  For example, CAFE2011, in the package, is a virtual LGPL spreadsheet.  I’m planning, not sure is a bad or good idea, to incorporate core code for games in CAFE.  The program will generate virtual pages without graphics in *.TGA format, process unit read this and other information for your 3D programs and you will put it in your display.  You will need an external modeler, LibreN3D will be functional afterwards 2020.   CAFE reads your UDO or some RAW data for 3D objects and process this information.  This sounds complicated, it’s complicated…  ¿Why NOT an SDL or pure GRAPH extension?  I’m don’t know.  CAFE is a solution more general, but SDL is faster.  Fast is very, very important in games…  I’m don’t know.  Process unit with Multi Core in DOS sounds very good, but process unit in Single Core is sufficient good for me, of course.

Marie and Jesus bless you.

Rafael Angel Campos Vargas
RofoelCompos at hotmail.com
Office box. 964-1250