[fpc-pascal] EventLog and error "No member is provided to access property"

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed May 14 20:14:50 CEST 2014

On Tue, 13 May 2014, silvioprog wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm trying to set a own instance in EventLog property of all apps like TCustomHttpApplication, TCustomCGIApplication and TCustomFCGIApplication, but, no success.
>
> To get the error, try:

I have done this differently.
The eventlog instance is owned by the application, so it should not be directly settable.

I created a protected virtual method CreateEventLog that must return a configured TEventLog descendent instance.
You can override this method and return whatever you want, as long as it descends from TEventLog.

Revision 27790.

Michael.